Our mission at the UNC Asheville Health & Counseling Center is to be student-centered and offer services to meet the needs and lifestyles of the individuals we serve. Services are offered in a collaborative approach in order to address the needs of the whole person.
- We believe that the physical, psychological, spiritual, and social well-being are interconnected and related to our student's ability to learn, serve the community, and maintain health in a collegiate environment.
- We believe in the importance of partnering with students to encourage their quest for health and well-being which leads to academic success.
- We encourage students to adopt a lifelong commitment to wellness and healthy living through education and outreach activities.
- We support alternative approaches to health care and consider their effectiveness when addressing the unique needs of our students.
UNC Asheville Health and Counseling Center recognizes that physical, psychological, and social well being are deeply interconnected, especially in relation to our students' ability to learn and serve. We offer an integrated care model which combines counseling, medical care, and health promotion under one department to address the needs of our students.
- Staff strives to understand the whole person in the delivery of care and are committed to supporting the academic and social success of all students.
- Staff are health care professionals and educators who listen without judgment and assist students in pursuit of physical, psychological, spiritual, and social well-being.
- Staff are committed to expanding their knowledge base, continually taking an inventory of skills, and seeking opportunities for professional growth.
- Provide and expand integrated care approach to all health and counseling services.
- Improve services to address the needs of diverse populations.
- Optimize case management services to enhance retention and support student success.
- Provide a more systematic and focused approach to outreach activities related to health and counseling issues (integrated care) relevant to the college population.
Provide and expand integrated care approach to all health and counseling services.
Improve services to address the needs of diverse populations.
Optimize case management services to enhance retention and support student success.
Provide a systematic and focused approach to health prevention activities relevant to the college population.