2022-2023 Health Insurance Requirement
Student Blue, underwritten by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (BCBSNC), will be the insurance vendor on all 16 UNC campuses. Our partnership with Student Blue will include:
- Comprehensive health insurance benefits and services
- Quick and easy online enrollment and waiver process.
- Anytime access to benefit information from your laptop, tablet or smartphone
- Extraordinary customer service for students, parents and campus staff
- Peace-of-mind with the BlueCross brand and the largest provider network in North Carolina meant to complement the care provided on-campus at the Health & Counseling Center
Please note the following:
- Students who are degree seeking and taking 6 or more credit hours are required to have health insurance to attend a UNC system school. Students with existing health insurance coverage can waive out of the school insurance plan.
- Students must enroll in or waive out of the coverage no later than September 12, 2022. Visit studentbluenc.com/#/unca to start the process. Students who do not submit an approved waiver and have not enrolled themselves in the program will be enrolled automatically.
- Students who have existing family or individual coverage through another Blue Cross Blue Shield plan must complete the enrollment/wavier process as well. Students who are covered under a different health insurance plan are welcome to consider Student Blue.
For more information, please visit www.bcbsnc.com/unca, or contact Jay Cutspec at 828.251.6520.