Office appointments are provided free of charge to all registered UNC Asheville students. Students may need to pay for medications or lab tests as needed.
Set up an appointment
To see a medical provider, here are the steps to take:
1. Set up an account on your student health portal. This is where you will fill out all necessary paperwork to be seen at the Health and Counseling Center.
2. Call our office at 828.251.6520 to schedule your appointments. Here are the services that are available.
For life-threatening emergencies, please call Campus Police at 828.251.6710
Please cancel or reschedule your appointments 24 hours in advance. A missed appointment/no-show fee will be added to your account. This no-show fee policy is designed to ensure that our campus resources are used most effectively.
For acute illness or injury needs:
Health Services does not provide walk-in appointments. We encourage you to call and schedule a same-day appointment as needed
- During office hours, please call 828.251.6520 to schedule a same-day appointment. (see above for directions on how to set up a same-day appointment)
- After hours, please call our free after-hours nurse hotline, Bulldog HealthLink, at 1-888-267-3675.
- OR you can visit one of the following:
- Sisters of Mercy Urgent Care
- Mission Hospital
- CVS Minute Clinic
- RANGE Urgent Care
You can find out more information about immunizations here.