If any of the below items are true for you or someone you know, you are in need of Crisis Services. Please call 828.251.6520 or come directly to our office during business hours (Monday-Friday; 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.). You will be asked to complete a short emergency form about your situation.
After business hours and weekends contact:
Bulldog HealthLink: 1-888-267-3675
Mobile Crisis: 1-888-573-1006
Campus Police: 1-828-251-6710
Comprehensive Care Center: 1-828-254-2700
Comprehensive Care Center provides behavioral health crisis prevention, intervention, and an array of outpatient services in addition it offers 24/7 crisis response and stabilization services.
Address: 356 Biltmore Ave. Asheville, NC 28803
We are aware that emergencies requiring immediate attention can exist for students. To accommodate these needs, we offer same-day services for those dealing with crisis or an urgent need to get started in counseling. The information below will help you evaluate your needs to determine whether it is appropriate to meet for a same-day or next-available appointment.
We have crisis services available daily for students dealing with a life-threatening or traumatic event. To determine if you need crisis services, please read the following descriptions and identify any items that apply to you:
- I am currently so upset that I may be unable to keep myself or others safe.
- I have a current plan to attempt suicide or to harm someone else.
- I have been physically or sexually assaulted within the last few days.
- Someone close to me has died within the last few days or I have just received some extremely difficult news.
- I am having strange experiences such as hearing voices or seeing things that others do not.
- I have knowledge of another person being abused or assaulted.
- I am experiencing life-threatening withdrawal symptoms.
- I have witnessed a traumatic event within the last few days.