Dear parent and student:
UNCA Health and Counseling is excited that your student has chosen UNCA as their academic home.
Below you should find the UNCA Allergy Forms to be completed PRIOR to start of the semester.
Students are eligible to receive injections if they are over 18 years of age, UNCA Health has received proper authorizations from their Allergist (Immunology Permission Form), and student remains compliant with Injection Therapy.
1. MD completes Immunotherapy Permission Form (filled out by MD/Allergist) and faxes to UNCA Health 828-250-2334
2. STUDENT (not parent) completes the Allergy Injection Student Contract (filled out by Student/Guardian) and faxes to 828-250-2334.
It is important that students know their own medical history and start the process of learning to manage their health care. Emailed completed forms are not considered legal and cannot be accepted.
When student starts the semester, allergy serum & MD instructions are to be dropped off at UNCA Health and Counseling during clinic hours.
- Please talk to a medical provider in regards to receivng your serum.
- UNCA nurses will assist students in getting serum refills and planning for times away from school (for example, semester breaks)
- Appointments for injections are made by calling UNCA Health and Counseling
- Students under 18 or those choosing not to remain on their Allergist's designated schedule will be referred to ALLERGY PARTNERS of WNC. This option is often chosen if student prefers evening or weekend injections. (form attached if needed).
Please email questions to Mindy Tavel, RN